Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Having Fun


These last couple of weeks have gone by pretty smoothly.  Olivia's personality is showing through more and more.  I believe her to be the best baby ever, now I know that mothers are supposed to say that, but she is a very easy going girl.  She has been sleeping all the way through the night for months now, and when she wakes up in the morning she will sit in her crib and talk to herself while her mom tries to get herself out of bed.  She loves to play with her playgym, sit in her swing, and play with her monkey friend.  She is pretty content playing by herself.


These last couple of days Olivia and I have ventured outside for some stroller rides.  It is still pretty cold outside, but still above freezing so we took advantage of the "good" weather.  She likes to look around at the world around her.  Unfortunately, these have been our first walks outside since she was born.  Being born at the beginning of winter puts a damper on outside excursions.  When spring comes around, we will definitely be going outside a lot more :D


Another somewhat new development is that Olivia is starting to like her bathtime (we think).  She has discovered the magical practice of splashing.  Right now she will stare at the water and then very slowly (and seriously I might add) she will lift her leg up and then let out a mighty kick at the water.   Water will splash every where, and when its all through she will continue to stare at the water and start the process all over again.  She is a very serious splasher, only every once in a while will she flash a small smile, but then it is back to business.  We assume that she will start smiling more, but at least she isn't screaming.

2 comments:

Rachel N said...

I LOVE HER! That picture of her and the monkey IS so CUTE! it looks like they're holding hands haha! You have some super cute pictures of her! I want them all! haha! :D

Renee said...

Oh she is growing up without me to see!! Breana she is darling!!!!! I think her and Spencer would get along so well. He is content to play by himself (especially in the crib - alone quiet time w/o siblings) and loves to splash (I do strip down to the bare necessities at bath time with him)! Sure miss you and can't wait to see you. Lauren keeps saying "Breana coming for my birthday, but Nathan won't like my birthday cause it is PINK!".