Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jenna's Farewell, Family, and Dinosaurs

Last weekend we went to Vernal to go to Jenna's farewell - she is leaving on a mission this week to Vancouver, Canada Chinese speaking.  She is very excited and I am sure she will make an excellent missionary :D   It was really fun to get together as a family again, that doesn't happen too often for us and I love being with them.  I took a picture of all 3 sisters and it still makes me laugh how different I look compared to my beautiful red-headed sisters - love you both!
Most of our family was there which made for a great opportunity for Olivia to play with her cousins.  She loved following them around and occasionally harassing them.  They watched movies together, took every toy out of the toy closet together, had a tea party, and played dolls together.  The toy of choice, though, was definitely the piano - I don't think any kid can resist banging on a piano. 





We also took Olivia to the dinosaur museum they have in Vernal.  They have a kid section where they can put together puzzles, put on a dinosaur puppet show, play with toy dinosaurs, and of course, find dinosaur bones with paint brushes.  Despite all of this, Olivia's favorite part was the vast size of the museum and the simple fact that she could run around it.  Every once in awhile (when Nathan and I would bring it to her attention) she would notice a dinosaur or a rock and point excitedly, but for the most part she liked running around.  When we were all done we took her to the gift shop and the thing she got most excited about were the rocks they have for sale - so we bought her a 75 cent rock as a souvenir for her first trip to the dinosaur museum. 









 Olivia and Nathan were playing together so I snapped some pictures, after looking through them I realised that Olivia and Nathan have the exact same facial expressions in all of the pictures I took.  She is definitely Nathan's daughter :D



It was a great weekend and we hope Jenna the best of luck!!

3 comments:

jorgensen said...

That is so funny how much O looks like Nathan especially their facial expressions. Glad you found something to help you function.

Rachel N said...

WHAT FUN! That Liv is getting some amazing dark curly Q's :)

It cracks me up how alike her and Nathan look! haha!
Can't wait for our kids to play with Olivia...someday! :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe Jenna is going on a mission! I love the picture of you and your sisters. Super cute pictures!