Olivia has reached a fun age where she is super busy, all day! She "organizes" cupboards, reads books, plays with her cars, colors, plays with play dough, and she dances - she loves to dance! We do get some down time, which usually happens while watching Curious George or Sesame Street (thank heaven's for PBS).
Olivia still loves to play outside, the few days it has snowed we have bundled up and played in the snow. She will run around and throw snowballs, but recently she has learned the fine delicacy of eating it (thanks to my dad :D).
She is a very curious and persistent girl. When she stumbles upon a new item she will try to figure it out and she will spend a good time at it until she eventually figures it out or asks me for help. I left my goggles out and it took her awhile to realise they go on your face, and with a little help she eventually got it. When I left my boots out she knew exactly what to do and she came sauntering in the kitchen wearing them. She keeps me on my toes.
Olivia and I like to cook together. We have done mostly cookies and muffins, maybe one day we will do something a bit more challenging. Olivia helps with the mixing and the placement of the cookies on the cookie sheet, but mostly she makes a mess, but it is still a lot of fun.
I've gone over my earlier blogs when Olivia was just a baby and I noticed a theme - Olivia's accomplishments, followed by how great of a baby she is, followed by more praise and love for Olivia - and I wrote often to tell everyone how great she was. Now that Olivia has reached her toddler days I'm sure you have noticed that I don't write as often as I used to ... I have concluded that she is not less cute, I just have to pick out the cuteness that shows up between her tantrums :D
Olivia is still accomplishing many things. She is talking more, although she still has a very low vocabulary. She says "cold", "meow", "mama", "dad", and she signs "please", "all done", "milk", and "thank you". She is picking up the sign language faster than speaking, so we will be continuing that. She is still very cute and still a very good baby ... with very normal toddler tendencies.
Lately she has been dancing, and dancing, and dancing. She will climb up to the piano, turn it on (it is an electronic keyboard), and turn on the songs on it. She then will spin around in circles, and spin and spin. She will sometimes dance for 20 minutes. If she keeps this up we will have quite the dancer on our hands.
Well I wanted to insert a video of her dancing, but apparently that isn't working. I went ahead and posted it on my facebook page, so go ahead and view it there :D
2 comments:
:) love the first picture of her louging in her PJ's :D She looks like she has grown up a lot since we last saw her. We need to have a play date! :D
How fun to see so many pictures! It is amazing the mess that comes from extra kitchen hands.
Post a Comment