Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Move

I hate moving!! Nathan and I have finally made the decision to grow up. We decided to rent a smaller apartment so that we could save money in order to buy a house. This was Nathan's 6th move, but this is my 12th move, just in Salt Lake - needless to say, I hate everything about moving. Fortunately, we had the whole month of February to move, so Nathan would take a load almost every day after work. So when moving day arrived we just had to move the sofas and bed and clean .... so I thought. I forgot about the cactus and a whole lot of miscallaneus stuff, we kept bringing more and more boxes to our little apartment.
At the end of the day our apartment looked more like a storage unit than a living space, but after 3 days of playing tetris we finally got it to start looking like a house. Here are some pics on how we went from a 2 bedroom 1400 sqft townhome to a 1 bedroom 600 sqft apartment.
Our living room fits our sofas and library nicely. Unfortunately we have a closet kitchen with little space. So we used one of our bookcases for pantry storage and we put the microwave and other appliances just outside of the kitchen, which seems to be working.
We only have three closets which we use to their fullest potential. As you can see, since we have so much "stuff"/junk, we were left with only one closet for our clothes. To be honest, I am pretty proud of how much stuff I was able to stuff into my closets.
This is our tiny little bathroom that has no storage potential at all, but we make it work.
Overall, we are pleased with our little apartment and we will be saving money to get into a bigger home - woohoo :D

4 comments:

whitneys said...

so i was talking to dan and he told me how you guys were doing. congrats on the move and getting everything into the smaller apartment.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Nice work!!! Hey we have that same blue cooler stuffed into one of OUR closets! I use it for "food storage". Meaning when I buy canned/non-perishable foods that won't fit in my tiny kitchen, I open the lid and drop them in! It's pretty great.

Renee said...

You did good. Oh - the memories of the first few years of marriage!!We are getting excited to see you!! Although, Hunter is a little upset that Nathan will not be joining you. He has come to the conclusion that you will do (:

Keri said...

where is nathans computer???