Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hooray for Graduation! and other family fun

So I am pretty lame at posting blogs on time, but I figure better late then never. Last weekend we went to Vernal to celebrate the graduation of Jenna. She is my last sibling to finally graduate from High School, and we keep teasing her because she was supposed to graduate in 2008. After a move from Idaho to Utah, they found out too late that she was missing a single gym credit, so the poor girl had to go through an entire extra year of High School just for one gym credit. Well, way to finally pass that gym class Jenna - and Congratulations!
My brother Jacee, and his family came to Vernal for the celebration, and I think I have the most calm and complacent niece that I have ever known. She would sit so still ... so Nathan and I tried a little experiment. We started by balancing a single block on her head - she passed with flying colors.
Then we advanced it to 2 blocks ...
She still sat there, calm and still as ever, as we placed 3 blocks on her head - and she was able to balance all 3 blocks.
And yes, ladies and gentleman, my little niece balanced 6 blocks (count them) on top of her head - I present to you the most talented baby in this part of Utah!
This is Ayana after our little experiment - you will notice it is the same expression on her face. I don't think she was that amused with us - our poor kid.
And on a completely unrelated note: Nathan and I have been thinking long and hard, and we are considering adopting a pet snail. They are quiet and easy to maintain - and did you know they can live up to 15 years? That is the definition of a perfect pet my friends. Oh and they are all over our apartment complex - so it is free too :D

4 comments:

Julia Armstrong said...

I know some good adoption attorney's so let me know if you need any referrals!

Keri said...

You are too funny i love it can't what to see what stupid baby tricks your little girl will beable to do!! ps i wish jenna could have finshed one more semester or soo of college first so she could have her AA first ;)

Wendi said...

You guys are funny! Did your sister/brother know what you were doing with their child???

barbara said...

In transfering from Utah to California, Damian had more than enough credits to graduate BEFORE his senior year... however, he was missing senior level english, history, geography and a PE credit so he had to endure his senior year anyway. They even waived some other social studies credit because he couldn't fit it into his schedule. One would think Jenna might have been able to go on to lead a productive life short one PE credit. I predict that your niece is destined to be a research scientist... You know, the one who patiently studies mold growing in a petrie dish. And your pet snail could be dead for 8 of those 15 years and you probably wouldn't notice much change in its level of activity.