Friday, February 12, 2010

4 Months

 Olivia is now 4 months old.  We went to her check up to find out that she is 13 lbs. and 25 1/2 inches long and doing just fine.  As the doctor was listening to Olivia's heart, Olivia got scared and started crying/screaming, to which the doctor replied, "Wow, that is highly unusual." Scared that she was talking about Olivia's heart, I replied, "What's wrong?" The doctor then explained that at 4 months, babies usually don't recognize strangers, which means that she is "socially advanced".  So to all those people out there that has held Olivia, or even looked at Olivia, and she just screamed at you - it just means that she is "Socially advanced" for her age :D


Olivia has been experimenting with her mouth and tongue a lot more.  She has discovered how to spit bubbles and stick her tongue out.  In fact, we started feeding her rice cereal and every bite we gave her she made a "this is yucky" face, spit it out, and then spit it all over the place.  I think it turned into a game for her.

She is "moving" more too.  She doesn't really scoot around on her belley or attempt to crawl yet (because she still doesn't like being on her belly), but she will rotate around on her back.  I left her under her playmat while I took a shower and when I came back I found her like this:

She enjoys her playtime and she especially enjoys her dad.  Everytime Nathan comes home she gives him a big smile, in fact, almost every time Nathan looks at her she breaks into a big smile.  She loves spending time with him and for some weird reason she loves to stare at his computer with him.  She may grow up to be our little geekling after all.

3 comments:

Rachel N said...

Hey! I didn't know She had one of those walker, play things. FUN! She looks like she is enjoying it in the pictures! :) Glad to hear she is doing well! :D

Keri said...

to cute wes will be hers one day ;)

Jacque Butterfield said...

just you wait....when she gets more mobile, she won't just look at the computer...she will touch it and eat it...fun times