Saturday, March 13, 2010

Olivia is 5 months old

 Olivia is now 5 months old. Her big accomplishments this last month has been the addition of 2 new teeth.  I've tried many times to get a picture of them, but she is always sticking her tongue out and covering them - silly girl. 

She also has been through her first cold.  I think it was a cold, but it was around the same time she was teething so who knows.  She had a stuffy nose and cough and couldn't breathe and suck her thumb at the same time - wich equals one miserable little girl.  Somebody would have to hold her up-right for many of her naps, just so she could sleep.  Luckily it only lasted for about a week and we all survived :D

Her new thing has been rolling over onto her belly, but as noted before, she hates being on her belly.  And she seems to do it the most while sleeping.  This usually means mom waking up 5+ times during the night just to roll her onto her back again.  We are desperately practicing rolling from front to back so she can fix her own blunders. 

She is a pretty content little baby.  I honestly don't think I could have a more calm and happy baby.  I have been having some hard days (with my fibromyalgia) and it is as if Olivia is aware of it.  There have been many times when I will go down for a nap the same time she does and when I wake up she is just quietly playing in her crib waiting for me to get up.  I've been forgetting a lot of things lately (due to fibro-fog) and one day I put her down to play on the floor and then I walked into the kitchen, I then promptly forgot why I was in the kitchen and walked out to do other stuff.  30 minutes later I realized that I went into the kitchen to make Olivia a bottle - did she get upset during these 30 minutes? nope, she just happily played with her toys until her silly mom remembered to feed her.  The poor girl, I really don't know how she puts up with me.  I am a very lucky mom to have such a good baby.

4 comments:

Renee said...

That last picture is possibly my favorite. Around the 6 month mark is my favorite time. She is adorable and I can't wait to see her again! I believe she is in tune with you and your health - babies are so close to the spirit, she may be getting a little instruction. You're awesome Breana!

dntbaker said...

ahhh.. so sweet. she looks like a happy baby. i too believe they have insight to us and our needs too.. mine push me not to be so lazy, that is why they are so crazy :)
sorry to hear that you have had hard days.

Sarah Sidwell said...

Love the pic with the thumb in her mouth! I am glad that she is so easy going. Hopefully she will figure out the rolling thing better so you can get more sleep!

Rachel N said...

you catch some really cute daddy/daughter moments :)She looks really happy. I love her.