She was ready to go swimming - she was not clingy at all, she was at ease in the water, and her legs were kicking the entire time. I would put her on her back, then on her belly, and she even dunked her own face in the water, smiling the whole time. It was very cute. I believe Olivia and I have a busy summer in front of us :D
Other exciting developments include eating more solids and getting up on all fours. In a previous blog I mentioned that Olivia was having a hard time with solids. After a barium swallow test, we started some medicine for reflux and it seems to be doing the trick. Not only does she drink a lot more formula, but she is eating more solids as well. She loves anything with applesauce and she likes sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, when we try to give her anything green she gags on it and then throws everything up. Don't worry, we'll keep trying.
It has just been within the last week that Olivia has decided to start becoming more mobile like (the not quite crawling, but really close to it stage). She has figured out how to get up on all fours from a belly-down position and a sitting position. Once she accomplishes that she starts to rock back and forth until she either falls on her belly, or rocks too far and falls on her face - both resulting in crying (silly girl). She is very curious with everything around her and will climb over objects as much as she can in order to get to the desired object. Nathan and I think that she will figure out the whole crawling thing within the next couple of weeks. We'll keep you updated.
2 comments:
i can't wait to see her and pinch those cheeks!! she is so cute. if you didn't know, i'm going to SL with just me and the kids this summer. :)
Yay! I'm so glad she's a 'fish' like her Mama! Dang cute pictures!
Post a Comment