Monday, December 6, 2010
Random updates
Olivia in the kitchen! This girl likes to "cook" and she is constantly getting into cabinets. She will usually get a pan out and I'll hand her a spatula then she will stir the spatula around in the pan, taste it and say "mmmm". Hopefully we have a chef in the making (because lets be honest, I'm not too fond of cooking myself). We are giving her a little kitchenette set for Christmas, so we are giving her plenty of practice.
We actually bought a a Christmas tree this year (instead of our traditional cactus) and decorated it with popcorn and candy canes. This probably goes without saying, but Olivia is fascinated by the Christmas tree. This picture was taken a week ago and well, I think we are down 4 candy canes and the popcorn is a bit more scarce - I'm just hoping to have a hint of decorations by Christmas.
Olivia loves going outside which has been hard to deal with lately with the freezing temperatures but we manage to get out often. When my dad dropped by one day he took Olivia outside to play in the snow. He attempted to make a snowman, and what you see in the pictures was the result of that attempt. We affectionately call him "Mr. Ogre". When we came indoors after making Mr. Ogre, Olivia would continually run over to the window, peek through the blinds, and talk to our newly made friend. Thanks dad :D
Olivia has just gotten over a sickness where she had horrible diarrhea and occasional vomiting for 2 weeks. After a trip to the ER, some IV therapy, and 10 days of antibiotics - Olivia got an appetite is finally gaining weight!! I took this picture to show her little belly that keeps getting bigger. I think we have even broken the 20 lb mark (yay for almost being able to put her forward facing in her carseat :D). We are grateful that Olivia is feeling better - it makes everybody happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment