Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The zoo and other fun activities

This last month Olivia turned 18 months old!! At her last doctor appointment Olivia weighed in at 23 lbs (32 percentile) and is 32 inches long (73 percentile).  She has gained 3 lbs since our last visit which is a lot for Olivia, we were very proud of her :D She is growing up to be a healthy big girl.

We went to the zoo when it was nice out.  It was Olivia's first time and I believe she liked it.  She probably enjoyed the water globe at the entrance more than anything, but she did like looking at the animals.  She mostly pointed at the animals, and the only other reaction we got was when she looked at the tigers she said "meow". 
Olivia and I went on the carousel ride, as with everything new she does she was pretty expressionless.  We didn't even know she enjoyed it until we started to walk away from the ride and she started crying - silly girl.  My favorite part of the zoo was the giraffe, I find them an incredible animal. We bought season passes, so I'm sure we will be going back often.
 
 
 
 
 
Olivia's new favorite pastime is coloring and drawing.  She will color in her coloring books, but she prefers just plain paper to draw on.  She will sit and color/draw for 40 minutes at a time sometimes.  I love watching how serious she is with it, and I especially love how she lays on her stomach to draw - what a cutie!
 
 
Olivia still loves the park and we try to go to the park at least once a week, if not more. She is turning into an independent little girl and will run around the park like she owns the place.  She has gone down all the slides by herself and recently she has started to swing on the "big girl" swings.  Again, she is pretty expressionless on the swing.  I honestly didn't know she liked them so much until we started walking away and she starts crying.  I probably took over 20 pictures of her on the swing and there were only 3 that showed how she really feels about them :D
 
 
 
 
 
A video of Olivia drawing.

1 comment:

Rachel N said...

love it! She is so concentrated! :)