So my last post was full of optimism and hope, but today I just need to complain. Most women enjoy, may I say even love, or at the very least tolerate pregnancy and its myriad of symptoms. I on the other hand hate pregnancy. Please let me clarify - I am more than grateful that I have the ability to get pregnant and have children of my own. And I am beyond humbled to realize that Heavenly Father is trusting me yet again with another precious child. I just really dislike the getting there.
It mostly hurts in my hips, lower back, and legs which is why I prefer to lay around a lot. My hips sometimes feel like they slip in and out of socket. I have no idea if that is the case, but it surely feels like it. On paper, I have a very normal and healthy pregnancy. Me or the babies ever have any major complications. I am so grateful for that, I know it could be worse. Even though I am perfectly healthy I hate that I feel like I'm falling apart. The other day Nathan commented on how he thinks I could have a natural birth because I seem to have a higher pain tolerance. I've been thinking about it and think if I wanted to I probably could do it with no drugs. But then I think, it may be worth the extra money to have 8+ hours of no pain.
With my first pregnancy I had the luxury to lay around all day. I didn't have a job, I wasn't going to school, and I didn't have any other kids so when it was too painful or tiring to do something I simply wouldn't. I would lay around, store up my energy if you will, and then eventually get around to it when I felt well again. This time around I have to keep up with a little one. However, it is only fair to add that Olivia has been very patient and understanding for an almost 3 year old. She is learning to play by herself more and has been adapting "play time with mommy" to mean, play around mommy while she lays on the bed. She really is a blessing and puts up with so much.
Nathan is also a wonderful blessing in my life by pulling doing double duty around the house. As soon as he comes home from work he is on full Daddy duty while I lay around some more. He has been very understanding and does his best with my crankiness (which can be pretty bad by the time 5 pm rolls around). I am so grateful for my family and love them so much for all they do for me.
When I started this post I really just wanted to complain to the world, sometimes you need those "life isn't fair" moments. But upon finishing it I have realized how blessed I really am. Things could be worse for me and the baby. I have a super supportive family, and I do have the blessing of being a mom. Even though it comes with a lot of pain, I'll get through this pregnancy.
I will just say this, if you see me around town and I don't seem that polite, or I just seem down right out of sorts, don't say that you haven't been warned :D
1 comment:
You are funny B. Hang in there. It is nice knowing an estimated time when it will things will change and you'll have another little one!
Post a Comment