Well, I'm back to my old habits again - bloggling every month or so. There are a couple of things that I have been wanting to blog about, they are as followed:
Karen and Rachel threw me a fantastic baby shower in Price that was a lot of fun. I got to see family and friends and have a great time catching up with everybody. It is sad that I tend to seek out to visit people I really love and appreciate only around popular events. One of my new goals will be to find old friends and family to visit with just because.
Nathan went bow hunting with his dad this year and boy was it exciting. I was thrown into the Norton Family Hunting weekend and it was a blast. Most of Bart's (Nathan's dad) family all camped together for the opening weekend. The men (and a couple of brave women) would go out and hunt for most of the day while the women stayed at camp to improve on our crafts, reading, and card games. We would be excitedly interupted whenever anybody came home with an animal. Apparently the Norton family was pretty successful this opening weekend, which made for a lot of fun and excitement. Nathan got a deer, which he was pretty proud of.




Labor Day weekend we spent in Vernal and surrounding mountains at an Ashby Family Reunion. Again, it was great to see and catch up with cousins that I barely see anymore. I participated by sitting in a chair and taking in all of the fun, but there was a lot to do. My grandpa instructed us in rope making, there was volleyball and fishing, Nathan made bows and arrows out of twigs and string for the kids, and there was a giant rope swing that was fun for everybody.
More on a personal note, I have been wanting to thank all of the people that have been a help and good influence on me during my pregnancy. As I near the end, I have been noticing my negative attitude about the whole experience - if you haven't been around me then just know that I have not been seeing this pregnancy as a delight or miracle, rather it is a trial and, sometimes I believe, a curse. I look at many women I am surrounded with and realize that a positive attitude makes the difference.
I am realizing that I am not the only one to go through a pregnancy (I know, I'm not that bright sometimes), and many courageous women cheerfully and gratefully go through their pregnancies realizing that it certainly is a miracle. I may only have 4 weeks left, but I hope to have a more positive attitude and realize that 9 or 10 months is only a small price to pay for such a priceless gift as a child granted to us by our Heavenly Father. Again, thanks to all those courageous women who have taught me the "joys" of pregnancy :D
5 comments:
i'm sure your talking about me right.... i'm a great influence ;) just kidding
Hey! good post! I dig the new background and I like how you can cover a whole month in just a few paragraphs! haha!
It is great to have that attitude! Seriously your baby will bring you MORE JOY then you EVER thought possible!
Once you hold your baby in your arms, it escapes your mind why you ever had a negative thought!! It really is one of the best things in life!!! Good luck!!!
After Carter was born, I just kept thinking, "This is really nice to not be pregnant anymore."
I loved the heating pad. I think I used it on my back nearly every night while I was pregnant. I like the term "Princess treatment" which every pregnant lady deserves. I should have told you sooner about the princess treatment. I ask for it from the beginning.
Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl. Hope she is a good kid for you guys.
Post a Comment