We went to Price to spend Christmas with Nathan's parents and his family. We got to Price just in time for the ever traditional Norton Family Christmas Eve Get-Together (that is what I have officially named it). There was good food, fun white elephant gifts, and one, big crazy family :D It was almost an evenly divided group - all the women were surrounding the little babies that were there, while the men congregated across the room to do whatever it is that men do when they get together. We had a lot of fun and enjoy all of our visits with the extended Norton family.
Before the party, we had the traditional, opening of the Christmas Eve gifts, and Chase and Nathan got remote control hot wheel cars that they pestered the dogs with, and Rachel and I received warm slipper socks - if that doesn't describe us four in a nutshell *shrug*. Christmas morning greeted us with even more fun gifts. All in all, I think everybody was happy with all the surprises. Nathan got a nice camo camelpack for hunting which he will enjoy. Our biggest surprise was when we opened our gift from Bart and Karen which was a digital camcorder. Unfortunately, due to our excitement for a new camcorder we forgot all about our camera and ceased taking pictures of the rest of the weekend.
Olivia got plenty of gifts, sadly to say they were mostly from her grandparents and her aunt and uncle. Nathan and I finally caved a week before Christmas and bought her a gift - just to say that we did, pretty lame huh? She didn't really know what was going on, but she loved to sit and watch all of us rip through brightly colored paper and scream with delight with what was inside.
We surprisingly fit all of our gifts, plus our luggage (which has grown dramatically since Olivia has joined us), and our laundry (which I insisted on bringing) into our little car. And after rearranging our little apartment, buying a tv stand and a new tv, and rearranging a couple times more, I was able to fit it all into our apartment. We have officially reached our limit, I don't think we could fit another piece of furniture in our house if we wanted to.
3 month Olivia
This blog is now getting longer and longer - but I am going to add Olivias three month achievements into this as well, so bear with me. Olivia has been growing and changing every day. She is definitely "talking" more and experimenting with her screaches and cries. Our favorite thing to do is to place a mirror in front of her. She just loves to talk to herself. First she'll make eye contact and then smile and giggle. Then she shyly looks away until she finds herself again - then she will have a nice little conversation with her image. Nathan and I find it completely entertaining. She also has very impressive frowns, as seen below.
She has only rolled over from stomach to back a couple of times on her own, but she is improving every day with that. She absolutely despises being on her stomach so she will do anything to stay off of it, which I think is helping this whole process. She is starting to grab at the toys in front of her, and will every once in awhile, grab onto it. She loves laying underneath her play-gym-mat-thingy and swiping at the toys that are dangling in her face.
She has only "giggled" for us a couple of times. She very often will smile so wide and be so happy that she curls up her whole body, in what we think is excitement. She looks like she doesn't know how to contain all the happiness inside her and doesn't know how to release it, so she will just leave her mouth wide open into a giant smile and thrash around. Soon she will figure out that laughing is a release of happiness and I'm sure she will be quite a giggly little girl.
These are a pair of long johns that Rachel's mom bought her - she was posing and looking so cute.
Rachel gave this monkey to Olivia as a Christmas present - she likes to "talk" to him.
2 comments:
Happy belated anniversary. I like your cute family picture.
ohh man it sounds like wes and olivia are to much alike.
Post a Comment