Merry Christmas to all ... and to all a good night :D My mom gave us a nativity scene advent calendar thingy, where everyday of the month of December we would read a scripture, read a poem, sing a song, and put another piece of the nativity scene together. Quite honestly, we usually would forget for a couple of days, and then catch up by doing multiple days in one, but it still had its effect. It made me think of the true meaning of Christmas, and the beauty and wonder it is to live a life with a testimony of Jesus Christ. How grateful I am that He is my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Friend.
Here is a poem that was in our advent calendar that particularly made me think of my role in the Christmas season.
Gifts from a Child
by brierly Ashour
O Holy Jesus, gentle King
I have no gold that I can bring -
No velvet tapestry, no fur,
No frankincense, no precious myrrh.
A song of praise each Christmastide,
A heart where love and faith abide,
These are the gifts I offer Thee;
Accept them now, dar Lord, from me.
May all your hearts be filled with songs of praise and love and faith this Christmas.
1 comment:
I love that poem!
Post a Comment