Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Olivia's Baby Blessing
I feel like this deserves a post to itself. We took advantage of having most of my family together to do Olivia's baby blessing at my parent's ward over Thanksgiving weekend. It turned out to be really nice. We had my dad bless her with my brothers, my uncle, and my grandpa in the circle. She was sleeping when we got to the church, and I was hoping she would sleep all the way through the blessing. As luck would have it, she woke up and started fussing just minutes before show time. As I handed her to my dad I whispered, "Good Luck" because she was crying by that time. Luckily she didn't cry that hard and you could still hear the beautiful blessing my dad gave her.
I am grateful for an understanding husband and for my dad. Olivia has already been a great motivator to us to be more of a Christlike example to her and to live Christ centered lives. We only hope that our examples, and the examples of our families, will lead her into loving our Savior and His gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is a beauty. Glad your dad could give her a blessing.
ahhh, soo pretty. i bet it was a great blessing and what a weekend!
Post a Comment