Thursday, December 10, 2009

2 months

Olivia is 2 months old now.  I remember counting down to her due date and how slow time went, now it speeds by and I worry that I'm not capturing every little moment.  Funny how your perspective on time changes :D

We went to her 2 month check up and she measured 24 inches long - which puts her in the 97th percentile, and she weighs 10 lb and 11 oz.  She is a little underweight for her height, but the doctor isn't too worried. 


She has started to make fun baby noises and is responding to our repeated attempts to make her smile more and more.  Just recently she has discovered her hands and loves to suck on them.  Which usually means placing her fists in her always open mouth and wiping slobber all over her face.  She doesn't really think peek-a-boo is fun yet, but we'll keep trying. 





My friend Keri and I had our first babies just 6 weeks apart, and ever since we knew we were both pregnant we have been joking about betrothing our kids.  Well, they met for the first time the other day, and although Keri and I wanted love at first sight, we settled with simultaneous slobbering, crying, and those unforgettable "what the crap are you doing to me?" stares.  Keri lives in Oregon so we won't see them often, but we still hope that our babies will some day fall in love :D




P.S. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  We don't have room for a christmas tree so we put lights on our cactus.  I personally really like it :D

6 comments:

NatPalmer said...

Olivia and Wes make a very cute couple. :) And I love the lights on the cactus!

Rachel N said...

what a freaking cutie pa tootie!!! :D

ps I dig the Christmas cactus too!

Lara said...

Cute! I totally love the lights on the cactus!!

Wendi said...

That is a cool Christmas tree! What a fun couple!

Renee said...

Wow she is growing and SO cute! Love to see her in the purple flower shirt - one of my favorites on Lauren! Glad you got to see Keri! Now we just want to see you guys!

Keri said...

They will love eachother!!!!!I also love the catus. did i miss it while i was at your place???